- Limited CDN Capacity for streaming media servers for Adobe, Microsoft, Etc.
- Regional/ Local/ In Home Network Congestion
- Unicast streaming protocols (RTMP/ RTSP) don't deal well with congestion and/or latency at all.
- Using highly unproven and beta products for streaming to the PC/ Mac (Silverlight)
- The marketing risk of labeling any product as HD; consumers expect HD at all times, not realizing it is a qualifying statement (You can get HD, but if the following happens...)
- Naive consumers who don't and won't understand the nature of open networks
We'll keep an eye on this one... but don't expect anything too drastic one way or the other.